Friday, January 9, 2009

Bible Reading for January 9, 2009

Proverbs 9, Psalms 41-45.

These readings are very timely for me today.

Proverbs 9:8 - "...reprove a wise man and he will love you."

Humble me Lord. May I be wise and accept reproof.

Psalm 41:9 - "Even my close friend in whom I trusted, who ate my bread, has lifted his heel against me."

Should we think it strange when we are likewise treated? Not only was David treated like this but the Son of David, Jesus himself. (John 13:18) Have we not also done this to God himself? We eat of His bread daily but "lift up our heel" towards Him consistently?

Psalm 44:3 - "...for not by their own sword did they win the land, nor did their own arm save them, but your right hand and your arm, and the light of your face, for you delighted in them."

It wasn't by their work but God's! How proud are we to think that "all" that we have done is by our own skill, knowledge, cunning, and strength. None of it, zero, zilch, nada has come from anywhere else but God Himself.

No comments: