Monday, January 12, 2009

Bible Reading for January 12, 2009

Proverbs 12, Psalms 56-60.

Psalm 56:11 - "in God I trust; I shall not be afraid. What can man do to me?"

Am I fearful of others or trusting in God?

Psalm 57:4-6 - "My soul is in the midst of lions; I lie down amid fiery beasts-- the children of man, whose teeth are spears and arrows, whose tongues are sharp swords. Be exalted, O God, above the heavens! Let your glory be over all the earth! They set a net for my steps; my soul was bowed down. They dug a pit in my way, but they have fallen into it themselves. Selah"

What beautiful imagery, what a beautiful description of the character of God!

Proverbs 12:11 - "Whoever works his land will have plenty of bread, but he who follows worthless pursuits lacks sense."

Laziness is a continuing theme of Proverbs.

Proverbs 12:16 - "The vexation of a fool is known at once, but the prudent ignores an insult."

We are so apt to exacerbate the smallest issues.

Proverbs 12:22 - "Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord , but those who act faithfully are his delight."

The world sees lying as not worthy of condemnation, God shows us He thinks of it differently.

No comments: