Friday, January 16, 2009

Bible Reading for January 16, 2009

Proverbs 16, Psalms 76-80

Psalm 77:11 - "I will remember the deeds of the Lord ; yes, I will remember your wonders of old."

When we are in the struggle we cannot forget how He has blessed us in the past. Remember.

Proverbs 16:2 - "All the ways of a man are pure in his own eyes, but the Lord weighs the spirit."

We compare ourselves to others and think, "I'm not as bad as he is. I haven't done anything like that." God looks at our heart. He knows our motives. We are unclean despite what we do on the outside compared to others.

Proverbs 16:16 - "How much better to get wisdom than gold! To get understanding is to be chosen rather than silver."

Wisdom of the Word is better, so much better, than worldly wealth.

Proverbs 16:31 - "Gray hair is a crown of glory; it is gained in a righteous life."

Ahem...daughters? Are you reading along with me here?

No comments: